Classes of hosting services
A hosting service concerns hoarding and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting vendor. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's study them. In that way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you wish to create a web portal, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service made available by particular vendors, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting plans frequently include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific amount of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally imprecise interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would split the tasks at hand between separate sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web site hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share an enormous amount of pictures with buddies or associates since the solution is usually free of charge. You will receive a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to tackling your e-mailbox accounts. Some suppliers provide web space hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you desire to own a mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to use as many videos as you wish without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a web site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and emails, upload video files, and so on. At IT RADIATION, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse compared with the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular web content exclusively.